Old 03-24-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
parnellatwood

Originally Posted by scintillady View Post
My situation is much the opposite of yours. It is similar in that I drink every day, with the exception of a few 8 or 9 day stretches and a six week stretch about a year ago. What is different is that I don't drink around other people or at social events, because most people think I have quite drinking. I drink in my room in secret. I have tried to quit, and keep on coming back and giving it another try, so I hope one of theses days I'll be successful. Right now I'm telling myself that I'll only drink the 2 glasses of wine I have left at home when I get out of work tonight, and then I'll quit. We'll see how that goes. That's what I said last week also.
Actually scintillady I *dont* see people very often. I usually drink alone myself; that's my daily habit. I'm just remembering the times when I have specifically drank with others; that was more frequently until the last six months or so, when drinking alone has become my sole priority if I'm not at work. I drink sometimes in secret from my boyfriend. Other times I say f it and drink in front of him because he doesn't say anything.

So were in the same ish boat, it turns out.

Good luck tonight. I obviously have no wisdom for you. But I, also, am doing my best not to drink secretly in my room this evening.