Thread: First post
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
I'm on day 40, while I don't miss drinking, I'm sad to say I miss several friends that I realize I can't hang around. I'll also miss the Nola Jazzfest crew. This is almost harder than quitting..

Hi Jkirk,

Firstly truly well done on a fantastic first 40 days, In my view by far the toughest I encountered (so far) I was the same but sometimes it's for the greater good initially when a weakness can occur, but once you are comfortable with your new self enough you can maybe be around friends and alcohol although this is not for everyone I agree. I am now semi comfortable to be in the company of people drinking which in the first few weeks I honestly though I may never be ever, but once you allow your body to detox and settle on a balanced diet mixed with regular exercise and the all important B vitamins it does steadily improve day by day. Hopefully your friends will appreciate what you are doing and not try to hard to make you join in, because if you are anything like the way I used to be then just one could potentially open the floodgate and set you back hugely on what is a fantastic achievement and one you should be immensely proud of my friend.
Congrats