Thread: Help for AD
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
eagleriver90

Question Help for AD

We are moving to Texas in a couple of weeks. We are also moving my AD to our home from North Carolina. She wants to look for work, but we want to get her into some kind of help.
She is addicted to xanax, and combines them with some pain relievers that her doctors give her. She has battled depression for years, and was in a very verbally abusive relationship. She recently was divorced, and during the divorce proceedings ramped up her xanax use, off and on...she can stay clean or mostly clean for months on end. But she has had 3 accidents and finally totaled her car. We were paying some of her expenses (enabling) her for a while, so she could stay close to her son and she had shared custody, but her most recent episode of using, her husband sued for total custody and won. Now she has absolutely no reason to stay in NC and we can't afford it anyway.
My question is: anyone know how I can get her on state help in Texas and get her in detox and drug rehab and counseling thru Texas services? I tried signing her up for Obamacare, and they referred it straight to TExas medicaid. Any ideas out there? She doesn't need a job right now, she needs HELP with her depression/anxiety issues and total detox from the xanax. Thanks in advance!!