Notices

Help for AD

Old 03-23-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Help for AD

We are moving to Texas in a couple of weeks. We are also moving my AD to our home from North Carolina. She wants to look for work, but we want to get her into some kind of help.
She is addicted to xanax, and combines them with some pain relievers that her doctors give her. She has battled depression for years, and was in a very verbally abusive relationship. She recently was divorced, and during the divorce proceedings ramped up her xanax use, off and on...she can stay clean or mostly clean for months on end. But she has had 3 accidents and finally totaled her car. We were paying some of her expenses (enabling) her for a while, so she could stay close to her son and she had shared custody, but her most recent episode of using, her husband sued for total custody and won. Now she has absolutely no reason to stay in NC and we can't afford it anyway.
My question is: anyone know how I can get her on state help in Texas and get her in detox and drug rehab and counseling thru Texas services? I tried signing her up for Obamacare, and they referred it straight to TExas medicaid. Any ideas out there? She doesn't need a job right now, she needs HELP with her depression/anxiety issues and total detox from the xanax. Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi eagleriver, I'm sorry to hear about what your daughter is going through.

I don't live in Texas but just did a Google search...try the following links:

Texas Free Rehab Centers

The Texas Department of State Health Services Mental Health and Substance Abuse Division
Texas Department of State Health Services Mobile

Free Rehabs in Texas | Sober Solutions
Free Rehabs in Texas | Sober Solutions
State Funded Rehab in Texas:These types of facilities receive some form of funding through grants or subsidies from the government at a state or county level.

Also, please check out the Friends and Family forum on this site as well.

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can also try the Salvation Army which offers free rehab.

I think the more important point is, does your daughter want help? If she doesn't, it won't work.

I hope you find some peace in your life.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks to you both. I so appreciate your help. I didn't even think to google it like that...I had searched for help, but didn't think to put the word 'free' in front of it.
I think (think, mind you) that she has hit rock bottom. Losing her child and having to move away because we won't support her THERE after her last slide back I think MAY have made her realize she can't just 'get off' the xanax by herself. Her number one goal is to get her child back. But I know you just never know, so we'll work closely with any therapy she gets. Again, thanks so much. I will try those links.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I concur with what Anna said
Sadly, unless she wants help and truly wants to stop, there isn't anything you do.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you. I will be assessing that when I get there. But her prime purpose is to get custody of her son, so I am going to make sure she wants help, but I'm pretty sure she is at her bottom now, losing custody has devastated her.