View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156
harleygirl92156

How Do You Deal With Past Infidelity?

My husband confessed to infidelity shortly after he got out of treatment. I knew he had cheated, but to actually hear it from him was devestating.

My questions is how do you deal with it? I want to stay in the relationship, but right now I don't feel I am good from his sobriety because I am so upset. Do I stay while I work it out or do I remove myself so he doesn't have to suffer along with me. Last night at an AA - Al anon meeting, we walked in and he immediately sat down away from everyone else with a women in the group and talked to her until the meeting started, they sat together during the meeting. She rides to meetings with him because she can't drive, there are others with them, they aren't alone.

I was SSOOOOOO jealous. I wouldn't talk to him after the meeting and haven't told him what is wrong. I told him it was MY problem and I didn't want to talk about it. I don't know it this is right, but it is MY problem and I don't feel I should dump it on him.

How do I get over the infidelity and jealousy? Do I just give him BLIND trust and move on like it didn't happen? He says it is ok if we talk about the infidelity right now, but he isn't going to talk about it much longer. He wants it put behind us and that I need to let it go. I am not doing well with this and feel I need to move on but am stuck.
Any suggestions?