View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Hey Stoogy-
Thanks for your comments and support. Yes, this web site is a God send! Not sure I would make it some days without it.

I think I wrote that late summer, early fall and I was really struggling. I finally got some health insurance and I got back on SSRIs, but not benzos, and I'm still not drinking; I just quit smoking. The booze will make anxiety worse too, another incentive to not do it! Things are a lot better. I still struggle, some days are worse than others, but like every one said, it takes time and they're right. So, I'm hoping in maybe in 6 more months I'll be a lot better.

Do you still go through PAWS, even at 100 days? I know it's lasted over a year for me, but it's slowly and incrametally getting better.

Thank you and please let me know how you're doing.

Aly
Hi Aly,

I'm doing well thanks for asking, if I can just give myself a kick sometimes to get off my butt and do something I generally feel good but tiredness is the thing that gets me most days, still it could be a lot worst I suppose with we're I am in my recovery to date. I felt really lethargic up until about the start of the 3rd month but I think the drop in calories from not drinking alcohol must deplete the body of all the sugars etc found in beers for example. The two things outwith family that have helped me the most are
1- this site
2- my kettle (coffee&#128077

I love the thought of not being at the mercy of that poison like I was on a daily basis for so many wasted years and stopping when I did at 37.

Thanks Ali and keep in touch
Stuart.