Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
L0stH0pe

Originally Posted by Vandermast View Post
get him to a detox and rehab.....
best of luck v
that sounds easy .. right? it isn't .. trust me, ive tried it all, pleading, begging, manipulating, pointing out the obvious, screaming, shouting, ignoring, getting all the info... unless your addict WANTS help, there is NOTHING you can do to make him change.

It's a hard, hard lesson to learn and bitter medicine to swallow.. all you can do at this stage is learn to take care of your baby and YOU. You are the important one in all this as your baby is too young to take care of herself, she depends on you being healthy and happy.. something that is almost impossible to do while living with an active addict.

I came to this board at my wits end.. and i realised a couple of days ago, that that was me taking the first step (yeah ive been scoffing at the 12 steps) but the change in ME over the last three and four days has truly been amazing and eye opening.

My AH now vows he is in rehab blablablabla ive heard it all sooooo many times, im not believing his words anymore, which is making him now spit feathers, plead, beg, manipulate and do all the things i DID to him.. but ive told him loud and clear "actions are needed to convince me"

This place is a good place to be, there is a ton of experience and advice, there is a lot of hand holding and just listening... im so glad i found this forum for ME.

Hope you will find some answers soon and that you too will start to feel better.