View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

I've had two DUI's and nearly a third that would have been prison for me if it had stuck. Looking back on that, how blessed I was....

Listen; your future is not bleak. Your future is a lot longer pathway than you feel it is right now. Is there life after two DUIs? Well I have a pretty strong career and a great income and am respected in my work and community despite my DUIs. Your life isn't over.

Will you have to deal with the echoes of this for a while? Yes. In the past couple years I've been denied the ability to work with certain charities, denied certain rights afforded others by my country, denied access to Canada even.... but all of those things are small stuff. Frustrating, but small. In the grand scheme of things and in this life's journey; what you will have to endure as a consequence for this is going to be challenging - but if you open yourself to the challenge and remain firmly rooted in your sobriety what you're going to find is that this is a time that is changing your future for the BETTER.

So much for the better.

The course you've been on was in fact the course of the bleak future.

NOW you have the blessed opportunity to make it vastly more rewarding and beautiful.

A lot of good people have been where you are, and went on to have lives that were meaningful, productive and deeply rewarding. I'm one of them.

What is most important is not what you've done - it's what you do NOW.

Hang in there, keep posting, keep working your sobriety - harder than ever - and this WILL be a point in your past that you will look upon with Gratitude.