View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

WTBH, is there a distinction between a public event vs an event at a public venue? I'm kind of thinking/hoping there's a definition somewhere to clarify "public event." Like a school play your daughter is in, a major league baseball game or an opera you're attending...

Because, depending on the venue, a public venue can be the site of a private event, and while one could be admitted to the public venue, unless that person was an invitee to the private event, they're not getting into that section. Like a wedding held at a museum... Joe Schmoe might go to the museum the same day as the party, and he's welcome to browse all of the exhibits, but he's not automatically a guest at the wedding.

IDK. Just because I host DS's birthday at Chuck E Cheese, and I pay admittance for DS's friends, it doesn't mean I'm paying for ALL of the kids running around who weren't invited, so I'm kind of thinking that's a private event at a public space... I don't know... but maybe that's a point that can be clarified in the RO?