Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
caboblanco

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
I see people who are full of bluster as childlike, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I usually find that someone is stuck and is looking for external validation. Being willing to admit you don't know everything makes us vulnerable, it takes more guts to be porous and open.

I believe there is a lot of predisposition for people to gravitate towards physical attractiveness. Physical symmetry and many of the things we seem to celebrate unwittingly were used since human origins as a way for people to select a healthy mate to procreate with. Time did a great cover story on this years ago. Most Western cultures hold ideals about features that would likely indicate fertileness. It is actually pretty scientific stuff, but does not translate equally from culture to culture. I think physical attractiveness is quickly diminished when it is someone's only asset. While perhaps it grants attractive people a gentler road, I think they can also can fall into the abyss of thinking looks are all they need to bring to the table.

I do wonder if we are more tuned in to seeing narcissism (I guess that is the aspect being discussed) in our own sex or the opposite sex?
i don't know if this is exactly narcisism. its more this sense of entitlement I tend to see with people that were born into money or people that are attractive..more often women. its a sort of ignorance

that is stereotyping women i realize. im not talking about people that use their looks as a sort of tool or weapon to advance themselves finacialy or otherwise. I don't even so much blame them for that. its this honest belief that people have that they are so much better then almost 100% of the people on this earth for no valid reason at all.

I was with this couple the other day. they were both fairly attractive. she was no Eva Mendez and he was no Bradley Cooper but you get the picture. They are very wealthy. a few people at this table for lunch were having a light conversation. They weren't being loud or obnoxious at all. A few minutes into into this guy rolls his eyes and says, " can i get a few minutes of silence..please guys I'm getting a headache." Everybody got quiet and didn't say a word. finally said..."do you really have a headache..i have some advil." the guy just rolls his eyes at me. For some reason I wanted to hurt this guy at that point and I'm not in any way a violent or angry guy.

Then the guys girlfriend came over. She looked pissed off to begin with for no apparent reason. anybody who made a joke or comment..she gave them this prima donna dirty look. Im not even kidding you, I locked eyes with her on accident and she gave me a look like why do i have to sit next to scum like you. She looked like something in between lady gaga and kim kardashian.

The thing is sometimes people treat me like this and a certain voice in my head says..look these people are out of your league..just be glad they don't poop in your mouth. I don't know where that voice comes from but it is there mostly because i can't logically figure out how somebody can get an attitude like that unless they truly are so much better.

it was always something that irked me...maybe its an issue with my self esteem..idk