Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jaynie04

I see people who are full of bluster as childlike, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I usually find that someone is stuck and is looking for external validation. Being willing to admit you don't know everything makes us vulnerable, it takes more guts to be porous and open.

I believe there is a lot of predisposition for people to gravitate towards physical attractiveness. Physical symmetry and many of the things we seem to celebrate unwittingly were used since human origins as a way for people to select a healthy mate to procreate with. Time did a great cover story on this years ago. Most Western cultures hold ideals about features that would likely indicate fertileness. It is actually pretty scientific stuff, but does not translate equally from culture to culture. I think physical attractiveness is quickly diminished when it is someone's only asset. While perhaps it grants attractive people a gentler road, I think they can also can fall into the abyss of thinking looks are all they need to bring to the table.

I do wonder if we are more tuned in to seeing narcissism (I guess that is the aspect being discussed) in our own sex or the opposite sex?