View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Thanks guys but yesterday was really difficult. I was awake at 2 am this morning fretting about today...I just feel out of my depth sometimes. Yesterday I was late for a meeting, I had a teacher asking to see me, a parent wanting to make a complaint, a child who wouldn't get on the bus to go home, and his Mum wanting to speak to me on the phone...at that point I felt like locking myself in the loo and having a weep!! I'd already had to manage a really tricky meeting between 2 members of staff and chaired a child protection meeting.

How did I end up doing a job that involves dealing with conflict and also public speaking which are my 2 most dreaded things...?!

Anyway..it's all going to carry on today because I ran out of time to resolve it yesterday. People think I've got all the answers which I haven't.

I emailed my boss who said she will be around this morning so I can delegate a bit of it hopefully. And on a Tuesday I take one of the lads swimming. He's great but potentially very aggressive, so I volunteered as his class staff are understandably wary. He and I get on great, and it's the highlight of my week now. So maybe it won't be as bad as I hope.

Deep breaths...smile in place...some days are harder than others but I can do this...