View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Timeforachange1

Finally kicked him out...

I'm new here, and have been lurking/reading for days. I've been married for 4 years. He was an active alcoholic when we married, but hid it very well. I don't really see myself as co-dependent but after these last 4 years who the heck knows anymore! My AH husband did the rehab thing- stayed clean for a while and then began using prescription pills. I wish I could say this started as a result of an injury, but it wasn't. I own a company and he works in the field. He began hiding money, cashing checks and not telling me about many side jobs. He took from our family's income and often money came up missing in the house. This man has had several emotional affairs and has completely destroyed my trust. I had a baby recently, and I have basically been the primary care giver. My AH often makes excuses to go here, or there and has only recently showed interest in our baby. Unfortunately, a couple weeks ago he took money from my business again. This was my last straw and has gotten me to where I am at today. He's finally out of the house! My house is so much more peaceful. My kids seem much more relaxed. Heck even the animals see more at ease.

Tonight I found myself extremely angry with him. He lies constantly and it's really made me question my entire relationship and my life for the last 4 years. I know he isn't going to change because he's only getting worse. I'm so over him never taking responsibility and trying to guilt me or blame me for his drama. I have been setting boundaries and that seems to help. However, when he came by tonight I let him get me upset. I fought back the tears while he was here, but haven't been the same since. ;(

I plan on filing for a divorce this next week. So my question is how do I stop letting him get me so mad? I still have to somewhat talk to him because of the business, but part of me wants to fire him due to all of his lies and stealing.