View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pteque

st. patrick's day

st. patrick's day in chicago is a HUGE celebration of drinking. sure, there is corned beef and cabbage, but most of the parties revolve around drinking. as this is my first year sober, i find myself very anxious concerning the upcoming few days.

sunday i am taking a corned beef to my sisters for a little party after the parade. my sister's home has a bar that i loved to drink at. and i loved drinking with my sister, too. but i want to be with my family and i have survived situations in the past, i am just uneasy not because i am worried i will drink, but because of the strong emotions i will need to sit through. i understand that it is something i need to learn to tolerate, i am just expressing my fear here because if i express it to certain people in my life, they tell me i can drink and it isn't a big deal. so i know going to them isn't the best plan.

i plan on focusing on all the good being sober has produced. i plan on reviewing my goals, exercising that morning. i am not going to look towards being sober as a punishment, but as a blessing nor am i going to force myself to relive any of the troubles that drinking previously caused me. hopefully the positive can shine some bright on the dark.