View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Originally Posted by Lovenjoy View Post
I am really struggling. Not functioning well at work or at home. It is strange because as messed up as I was emotionally before I recognized I was codependent I did not have these problems of focus at work and with everyday responsibilities. I'm kinda scared as I do not know what is going on. I am working a program of recovery. Granted it is new but I am so committed and ready to heal.

Yet here I am. A basket case. Really falling apart. Looked up PTSD today 'cause this feels really extreme to me. I'm really not wallowing in it, yet it's there and overwhelms me out of nowhere. I just want to crawl into bed and stay there. Maybe professional therapy is in order? It wouldn't be easy to do and I am not even sure what to look for in a therapist. How do you find someone to work with you on this type of recovery? I'm not looking for a place to spill my guts, if I'm paying and going I would like some help that works with all that I am already doing. I've done some amazing reading here at SR today and so much has touched me. But something is getting in the way and I don't know what it is. I'm even ready to ask my boss if I can take some of my vacation time in order to address whatever is going on. And that is not really in the cards here because we are so busy.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. The difference between a good day and a bad day is just one day? But it has been many days in a row now….. I want so badly to get where many of you have gotten and I am willing… I thought the dark cloud was all his but I guess under it all I may have a dark cloud of my own to deal with? Or maybe it is just too much too soon as my last thread kinda brought to light? You are all so awesome and I would appreciate any advise you may have 'cause I am really concerned about having a full collapse here - spiritually, emotionally and physically. And yes, I am praying...
Im so sorry for what you are going through LovenJoy. I hope you can find peace along with all the answers your seeking very soon. I worked my recovery using therapy. The doctor I worked with specialized in addiction medicine but she also had special interest in family. It was an amazing experience for me, and I will forever be grateful for her help. I still talk to her, doubt I will ever totally let her go. If you have a primary care doctor that your comfortable with, then I would suggest telling her how your feeling and asking for referrals. Don't be afraid to test the waters with the therapist, see if you relate well, if its comfortable, and most importantly evaluate periodically to see if your needs are truly being met.