View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laceejoe
Paused

Hi, NEWDAD----Congratulations on taking that first step and admitting that you are powerless over the alcohol!!! That is a crucial step---and a difficult one. I just wanted to tell you how proud you should be that you've taken this step while your daughter is young---possibly, with help, you will be able to share in her life sober. My grandchildren aren't so blessed. Their father won't admit to an alcohol problem, though everyone who knows him realizes how bad it is. Sadly, my 7-year old granddaughter has already suffered from the effects. I would hate for any other child to see and feel what she has had to at such a tender age, so I was especially happy to see that you are trying to change your life. I want to wish you the best in your recovery---and urge you to continue coming to these boards for support. Also, AA is a wonderful place to help you on a daily basis. It is a lifelong struggle, and a journey that will bring daily choices. God bless you with wonderful memories this holiday season!!