View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
StraightAhead

Hey Dolores,

I totally sympathize with you. 24 days ago I was feeling about like you do. Too much wine just about every night, and so sick of it. Sleepless nights, head achy mornings, and for what? That first 15-20 minutes relaxation when you have your first glass? What a waste. So I quit and I am so happy I did. No more headaches, I've been sleeping great, feel more alert, don't have to be ashamed about how much I drank, I could go on and on. At this point I can barely think of anything good about drinking. I was helped by a book that someone on this forum recommended, The Easy Way to Stop Drinking, by Allen Carr. He's a very funny writer who totally understands the demon that we call alcohol, and he points out in many ways just how ridiculous it is that so many of us are killing ourselves with alcohol. I read the book in just over a day and decided that was it. I made the decision to quit and now I don't drink. That's all. You can do the same thing. Maybe you might need some extra help from your doctor or from AA. For me I think I realized what was happening to me early enough that I was able to do it myself. This forum as been a big help for me too.

Best of luck to you. Your life can be so much better if you can just get out of the alcohol trap. You can do it!