View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Riverbird

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Riberbird - great to meet another female boxing buddy here! When I started I didn't care much about what they were teaching me either. When the trainer told me something like "you should protect you chin, you should keep the head low, etc." - I thought " I am not going in the ring. Why do I need all this?"

Well, somehow I got to the point when I am sparring with guys now. Now I do understand why do I need all this defense! And my right cross got quite respected because it isn't bad!

Have a great workout tonight, Riverbird!
Glad you made it to your boxing class. I got to mine too. I think I'm too much of a wuss to spar, but maybe some day. For now I like to hit stuff that doesn't hit back! lol But one of the guys who has held mitts for me a few times always talks about how great my right cross is (I think that's what it is...i only know them by number usually...again not as focused on the learning part...lol)...so it's funny you mention that.

My class was interesting tonight...usually I'm the only woman or one of the only ones, but today this whole group of new women came in and the class was almost entire female. Usually I'm by far the most out of shape one there but these ladies looked like they hadn't worked out in a LONG time! (I have lots of respect for them, they stuck it out and worked really hard all the way through, I'm just not used to seeing people more out of shape than me there). I'm also getting really excited because I can finally do a lot of the stuff I never could before...real pushups, jump rope double-unders, etc. I can only do a couple, but it still makes me happy since I couldn't do any of it when I started! Now I get to be the one telling the newbies that one day they'll be able to do it.

Ok sorry getting carried away! lol I agree it's exciting to meet another female boxer on here. You and my class have both made me happy tonight!