View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Well, I'm just back from my boxing. It was just kind of a workout I needed today - not super intense, more about mastering technique, so I just focused on my movements. And there were just two of us today - so it didn't take a lot of energy to pretend I am feeling fine.

I am feeling better, but still feel the difference this time. The thoughts don't go away completely. Like "what the hell was I thinking". I am just feel numb at the moment.

I still can't reach my therapist. So I remembered I had somewhere contact of another therapist I used to see about my childhood issues, and called her. Unfortunately she is on sick leave at the moment, and can't see me till Monday the earliest. Actually she told me: "If it's not urgent, I will be back at work on Monday". Surely I didn't tell her that it may be urgent. I will hold on till Monday.

Gilmer - your post made me happy) thank you)

Snoozy - I am smiling)

Riberbird - great to meet another female boxing buddy here! When I started I didn't care much about what they were teaching me either. When the trainer told me something like "you should protect you chin, you should keep the head low, etc." - I thought " I am not going in the ring. Why do I need all this?"

Well, somehow I got to the point when I am sparring with guys now. Now I do understand why do I need all this defense! And my right cross got quite respected because it isn't bad!

Have a great workout tonight, Riverbird!

Thank you all a lot. I feel surrounded by good friends, and it gives me hope that some day I will see the light)