View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Any sort of challenge in life can be used by the beast. It's funny, really, when you think about it. The beast is so predictable, so transparent...it's just so two-thousand-and-late.

I see that you are ignoring the obvious whining craptalk from the beast. The things you need to do in your life have zero to do with alcohol consumption and *you* know that. The very second it comes up into thought or inner conversation, dismiss it. Take it out to the curb like the trash it is.

Only the beast wants to make day to day reality about drinking, there is no natural connection otherwise.

I understand how you are feeling right now. What would make you happy? How can you get there?

What do you do for fun? I think that a lot of people dismiss fun as not necessary, too time consuming, or as a luxury in life. It is not for me. Planning and doing things that are fun for me, just for the joy of doing them, makes the sh!tty times easier. Fun could be big or small, could be free or it might cost a little, solitary or with others.

I've struggled a lot with the same feelings you're having. When people would advise me to do something fun, or to exercise, or to laugh, it would make me want to slap them. How could such simple things make a difference in my very complicated life? Actually that sh!t works more often than not for me, it might for you too.