View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
d0g

I think feeling lost and utterly confused about what to do is a major part of the daily human condition. That's why we seek relief, whether in the anesthesia of alcohol and drugs, the drug-like effects of religion or any obsession taken too far. Once we have gotten back on our own two feet, the underlying emotional landscape still needs to find balance and perspective. I can tell when I'm off-balance and need to refocus on what works to find some equilibrium. I believe we have the answers within, but sometimes they are obscured by the circumstances of daily life.

JKB, if I were in your shoes, I'd go do a mini-retreat for a couple of days, sit with myself, let the emotions and crazy thoughts flow and consciously let go of it all. Get a massage. Walk on a beach or by a lake and reconnect with nature and your true self. We all have goodness and grace within and from there comes the strength to rise above the fear and doubt of daily life. Let that harsh inner judge and critical parental voice dissolve and let yourself be you. No matter what happens, you will be OK. Just be true to yourself.