Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Angstfull, consider that forums like this are full of people struggling with sobriety and addiction. Why are they not full of success stories? The answer is simple - people get sober and then get on with their lives. Of the thousands that read and post here, only a small proportion have found the personal imperative to hang around and help others once they have become sober.

When I got sober, I decided I would do it, even if no one else in the world's history had done it. I was going to make it happen for me. No matter what. And I did it. One shot and done. And I know others that have done exactly that too, have come back from the edge of the abyss and live full and happy lives, with jobs and families and hopes and dreams and love and joy. Now why the heck would they hang around here to tell you?

You can choose, you can decide to make this happen for you. You do this by accepting nothing less than the best you can be. You do this by believing in yourself. You do this by doing the next thing first.

I am not trying to be a smartass here, Angstfull, but there is so much that hinges on the answer to this question: Are you ready to make your plan about continuing to use alcohol?