Thread: Wife of a HFA
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jennnicole1369

So after our break through on Thursday night I was very optimistic about things even though I was very aware that it could all be talk. He worked Friday and I was a nervous wreck for him to come home bc he only had half a drink on Thursday night when we talked so I knew he would need a drink Friday after work.
He walked in the door Friday with that look on his face (rough day and acted a bit frustrated from time to time towards me n kids ) I decided it was best to follow his lead with how the mood was going to be. He was nice and sweet to kids. I told him he was an adult and can make his own choices and that I loved him I just didn't like who he became after he drank. He shook his head and said if I don't drink I'm not gonna curl up n start shaking ( not the first time he's said that). I'm a little skeptical about that. We ordered pizza ( he went to go get it) we watched a movie with kids and went to bed. No drink that I saw and attitude was very quiet but pleasant. Maybe he was thinking and trying to overcome the urge to drink? I did everything in my power to make sure things were calm and not to crazy so he wouldn't want to drink more. Don't know if that helped or if I'm just babying him. He has his second Dui class today, for those of you who know my story. He is also off today and there is a game on for our team so I'm sure that will be another hurdle for him if he is still trying not to drink.

I'm just moving moment to moment here, scared and excited that he can do this and hopefully eventually will. I do not own rose colored glasses lol. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. And yes I did consider that he could've drank b 4 coming home and when picking up the pizza but his behavior seemed ok to me.

Thank you all again for the support and love I have felt coming to this place to share my drama. all of you and your lives that you have shared with me are in my thoughts and prayers each day.