View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

There is such a fine line here and I have read some recent posts that bring up the same question.

The replies point to the definition of sobriety and the discussion of mind altering drugs. Anyone who doesn't think that nicotine or caffeine are in the mind altering category should come and observe a morning at my house if either are absent. Then witness what happens when I get my fix.

Seriously though, I came here because I am addicted to alcohol and it was ruining my life. I also have an addiction to caffeine and nicotine that I know needs to be addressed. Right now my focus is alcohol and after 9 months I think I'm doing pretty darned good. The others are coming.

This brings up the question that since I am addressing my alcohol issues but not yet working on the nicotine and caffeine (which are mind altering, believe me) does that make me ineligible to join the 24 hour club?

This would make me pretty sad. There are days that the full reason I remained sober were because I signed up and made that commitment.

I really think this is about honesty with one's self.