View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
abcowboy
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Hi In, you did great not returning to old habits to get you through! Huntington is right, spend time on Google and I'm sure you'll find grants etc to get her to College! I'm on the other side of the fence, the drinking father..... I didn't drink nearly as much when I went through my divorce 20 years ago, but I now realize that my drinking probably contributed some for sure. With 4 kids, my support payments were extremely high, took just about all of my salary, so I took on a second job to make ends meet.... I never missed one payment over the next ten years! But as each child turned 18, and the support payments dropped, I started drinking more heavily..... as the kids grew older and started University, their mother told them there was no money for school because their dad was too selfish, but each child's support payment had $150.00 per month for future education. I worked even harder to make sure the kid's got the education they wanted, but I gave the money directly to them. Our youngest girl got accepted to a school in Washington, DC to get her Master's degree and she was so excited, this is after spending 8 years in school already. She needed to have $100,000.00 in her bank account before they would accept her as an international student, her mom's answer, it was God's way of telling her that she shouldn't be going! Once again, the selfish dad had to step up to the plate! My rant and rave through all this I suppose is that any man, alcoholic, drug addict, or whatever, should go to the end's of the earth for his children!!