Thread: Wife of a HFA
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jennnicole1369

My husband came home for work last night. I was lying in bed while listening to him get the ice for his first drink of the day. I then realized I had left the iPad in the kitchen. Sometimes he'll get on it an look at the news after work, but I had been on it all day on this website I really didn't need him finding that. I got up and went into the kitchen, he came over and game me a big hug and I just leaned into him feeling so alone as if I was hugging a stranger. He said baby what's wrong, why are you so sad? I said, do you really wanna know? As I'm starting to cry and scared to death inside, he's said yes I never want u sad. I grabbed his hands and looked into his eyes and said, your drinking is affecting our family. OH my what a relief, I stayed in his arms for another 10 min or so while he hugged me and said I drink when I'm stressed out, I have been drinking in excess lately. He said he was so worried that I was gonna tell him I was falling out of love with him. I of course am not. He asked me if I wanted him to stop drinking altogether and I said I think it's a good idea if we leave this here tonite and we'll give oturselves some time to think and we will talk again soon after we've had some sleep. By he time I had come into the kitchen initially, he had already made that first drink and downed half of it b 4 we talked. I don't believe he even finished that drink. And by my measurements on his vodka bottle he didn't drink anymore last night. I went to bed and he stayed up and watched tv for a bit b 4 coming to bed. When we awoke this morn he was lovey and seemed ok. He didn't say much at all this morn, wondering what's going thru his head. I'm sure he is having a hard time with this. But I am so proud that he was even able to say he knows he's been drinking in excess. I felt good this morn, he's opening today so he'll b home by 4-5. I'm hoping our night will b much less drama now that he knows how I feel. I might not have to babysit him. Although this could go south quick bc he just can't go without. It may only b a matter of time, and what if he starts hiding it from me? I guess that's a bridge I'll have to cross when I get there.

What next......?

To all of you who have been supportive and given me advice, I can't thank you enough. Becoming part of this website has been an amazing experience for me, I look forward to getting to know you guys.