View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
InTheEnd

Thanks and I just keep thinking of being sober through this and how much it helped the situation. Something I wouldn't even had thought about had I been drinking. If I were, I'm sure it wouldn't have gone well at all.

I truly believe there is something inside, when you know, enough is enough with the alcohol. Not that you instantly know that moment when its there, but that maybe there is a divine intervention to help you cope with the future.

Mine was just a little glimpse of what could be if I just DO NOT DRINK! My father, who was a raging alcoholic, ended up in rehab and thrived....just in time for my Mom to get cancer, and leave us a year and 1/2 later. Had he still been drinking, what a mess that would've been. But he became her caretaker, and towards the end, instead of putting her in hospice, he kept her home and had hospice come to them daily. He was front and center and was able to show her his love for her after all these years, in the most special way....he took care of the love of his life till the end. I was so very proud of him. My Mom was a great person and deserved that, and he stepped up to the plate like a champ.

Sorry I'm all over the place but I'm just full of emotion today and I thank SR and all of you for being here.