Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RollTide

indirect,

I'm not lying when I say this place saved my life. I went from divorced middle aged woman who had a good paying job and traveled and did fun things to married to a controlling alcoholic. I did not know what the definition of insanity truly was until I lived in the middle of it. The jealousy, lies, and crazy making were more than I could comprehend.

I went (and still go) to AlAnon. It'd was wonderful to meet local people and make friends who understood. But the theme in my local group was "lift them up in prayer." I did that. I did that for too many years.

When I found this place it all started to make sense. He was not going to change until he was ready to change. If my life was ever going to be better I had to take the step to be away from him.

I divorced him and immediately started working on me. It took a long time to get my confidence and sanity back. I lost my soul when I met him. That is the only way I know to describe it.

I've been divorced from him for over three years and twice I have seen his name in the paper on DUI related charges.

You will figure out what you need to know. I hope my story in some small way helps you in your journey.