Thread: I am crazy!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

No....you're not crazy. However, you may be traumatized. Alcoholism/addiction left me traumatized.

When I first started dating after divorcing my XAH (whom I loved but knew my life with him would not improve as he was unwilling to admit he had a problem), I made some ghastly mistakes. But it was part of my learning curve.

I remember kissing one guy I was dating and thinking to myself it was like kissing a bowl of oatmeal. I stopped dating him. He just wasn't right for me. I dated many guys who weren't right for me. I eventually began dating on a referral basis ONLY. lol. I didn't do such a good job of selecting men on my own.

When I first met my current husband (two years after the divorce from my XAH), something clicked (he was a "referral" from a friend). He was patient, kind, had values similar to mine, spoke highly of his family and upbringing, had a great job. Those were some of the attributes I was looking for in a man. We've been married for 28 years. Marriage takes work....but it is much easier when both parties are rowing their "life canoe" in the same direction going with the current in the stream. It doesn't mean we didn't hit some rough water from time to time but our objectives were always focused on paddling in the same direction.

My point......there is life after divorce. We can't force it to happen. My husband came along when I least expected him to......I was fiercely independent and that was what he loved about me. It was not threatening to his manhood. I, like you, felt that marriage is a forever thing.....and it can be......with the right partner.

Sometimes the fear of the unknown can keep us paralyzed.

No.....you are definitely not crazy.....just working through your stuff in your own time.

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke