Thread: I am crazy!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

Originally Posted by xmrscran View Post
I have such a good grasp on the concepts, my therapist actually recommended "yoga" for me because she did not feel I needed to come anymore. I was in therapy for myself during my marriage to fix "me" so I didn't ruin my marriage.

Thank you for what you all said, you all are so right. I'm rushing the process I guess!! I just want to get there already DAMN IT! Everybody is like "why would you want to go back to what he put you through"...and the truth is, I don't, I want to go back to the "good moments" not the actual day to day of living with a drunk (which is what I got most days). Even before we were married, alcohol was always up and down. He'd drink heavy for 2 or 3 months and sober up, something would happen and he'd go right back.

ugh see the focus is on him, not on ME ME ME, where it should be. I'm a christian too, so i'm just so flooded with all of this God hates divorce, forgive, fight for marriage, blah blah blah! I know God heals addiction, and marriages but you have to accept him into your life, which my ex has not. Maybe i'm just having a bad day or month. Maybe I should just have a drink or 12 (ha kidding, not funny) Thanks guys!

Yoga can be very very helpful--you should consider it.

It helps you find the tension in your body and to learn to relax and be focused. It has been invaluable to me both as a recovering alcoholic and as a family member to an alcoholic.

Your body does store pain and tension. You need to release and acknowledge that to feel better.

I'm sorry you are hurting and I hope you find some peace soon.