Thread: Solutions
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lovenjoy
happy, joyous an free!

Thank you soooo much Morning Glory.

I am a newcomer here, just posting for a few weeks. I came because of my son's addiction. I've stayed for my own healing. If I didn't have many years solid recovery from alcoholism and the understanding that I can 'take what I need and leave the rest', well I would not have stayed because some of the animosity and antagonism was really disturbing to me. I was tempted to jump in a few times and join the fray but instead found the ignore option for posters who trigger my temper!

So many people are in pain when they finally reach out for help. The SR moderators and admin. are amazingly welcoming and knowledgeable and most of the members are so very caring and helpful. When we are in pain we are extremely sensitive to criticism. It can take just one thoughtless comment to put someone over the edge. And that edge can be deadly.

I have been hesitant to share this site with people because of the issues you are addressing in this thread. When I recently did share about SR I made sure to say it is like meetings - it's mostly good but if you don't like something, move on to the next good thing. And also I shared the ignore feature!

There is so much in your post I wanted to quote. Truly needed to hear this and I will be coming back and rereading your powerful words in order to be more helpful to others in my own posting. I guess the preview post feature is kind of a pause and think button?!