Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

You don’t inadvertently get hooked on Heroin. Now surely no one thinks hey I wanna be an addict. But you can find your way there as a natural progression of the disease if that is the choice you made, unless you started there.

Heroin has it’s own history in the mix. Its own reasons why. And no not everyone will go there, it is all up to the user. That spike in heroin use talked of in starting in 96 isn’t all that true, heroin was rising before that. It had to compete because of crack, or it wouldn’t make it, with what it was showing of itself in the 80’s. It needed to be more accessible, it needed to remove the needle fear…

Yet to force one there, well now that is a whole another story.

Informed patients …

When do we expect people to be responsible for their choices? Hell look at just this board, there are times when there is a whole lot of that “look what they did to me” …. As if the one watching wasn’t all in.

And a lot of excuse with this, the drug made them do it.

In terms of doctors they are suppose to treat, sure some are lazy, but then we as a people are lazy in this pill to cure all society we have created. We can ask for alternatives and that is our right and should be our responsibility. We have to take responsibility for our own care.

Street level dealers aren’t the blame either. They are just pawns in the money game with life expectancies that are short as an addicts can be.

I would be surprised to find anyone in this day and age who doesn’t know that opiates and opioids and copycats like tramadol that aren’t in the class but do the same thing aren’t physically addictive. It is a known fact. It has been a know fact for a long time. Who was the idiot that let Oxy out, knowing its makeup, from the alkaloid, thebain, of the poppy , that thought wow they made it non addictive. Seriously why wasn’t this questioned. Who brought that ********? They knew morphine was, they knew opium was …. Suboxone also made from thebain, they knew from before oxy was out. Sub was in design for almost 30 years before it hit the streets in the US.

And this pill lying around the house thing. Where the f*ck has everyone been. This has been happening for decades. I know where my first pill came from, top shelf linen closest in my home, valium and demoral. My friend found them. I am really curious as to what poll results would show asking where you got the first pill you ever took for fun, for a high.

And I am gonna say this and many won’t get it, but maybe someone will find their own stop button in it. While addiction progresses naturally, it also progresses based on the reactions to it. Reactions teach, yet never what is intended. Reactions make the addict smarter, oh so much smarter. Addiction isn’t pretty. It should be painful. It is suppose to have consequences and ramifications no matter how sad it looks from the outside, this is part of what addiction is. And even in the sadness there are good life long, life saving lessons one needs to learn.

So if anything, don’t take the lessons away!