Old 02-24-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fourmaggie
I AM CANADIAN

recovery alcoholic and the narcissism "defect"

hi everyone....my last post (if I remember) was taking about a close family member-my AUNT -about her tamper tantrums and not getting what she wants from me as i set HEALTHY BOUNDARIES with her....it's not working out...(that was 6 mths ago)

I have told her face to face that i DO NOT want a friendship with her anymore...and that she needs to seek outside help and not only AA....

now she wrote a letter....this letter is full of judgement on how i do things, say things, and set my "boundaries", the pointing finger and I.S.M's are clearly there...

I have been reading a bit of "narcissism" character and her persistent on how to control my life...and realistically her running away from her issues....resentment towards me and now my mother (received a letter this week) is a JOKE...there is no maturity or even any AA growth...its all selfish letter to attack my character.....

I have decided, of course, that SILENCE IS GOLDEN and NOT answer back....its like fueling the "fire"....I dont want to be in the dysfunctional system anymore....

she is in AA for 8 years...and i really see the narassist in her ways come out this last year....I knows she is sick, but this is starting to effect everyone in the family now....

I have wonderful relationships with her husband-my UNCLE (my moms brother) but that is starting to way thin.....

any suggestions....???