Thread: New Member!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Knat84

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Hi Nat,

Congratulations on your recovery. It sounds like you're doing great!

I don't have a problem being around alcohol at this point, but at the same time, I wouldn't enjoy myself in a party situation like you were in. It sounds like alcohol was a main focus on the party? Maybe another time, you could plan something different.
Hi Anna! Unfortunately, yes. It became a main focus at the party. People (OLD friends whom we hadn't seen in a while) just showed up bringing booze and I was just shocked! I had not seen some of these people since before I got pregnant (in 2011) and couldn't believe it. They seriously acted ridiculous. They were having "drunk epiphanies" and it seriously made me want to kick them in the shins. I just wanted to say "do you know how ridiculous you sound right now???" Then I thought, "Dear Lord, that was probably me at one point in time." - You know what's funny, is my husband still drinks (3 or 4 beers EVERY night) and I do not feel tempted...at all! O_O He never drank as much as me, however, he still continues to drink every night. What do you think about that? Again, it does not tempt me, however, do you think he's doing so in moderation? He really can't go a night without a beer. Anywho, I feel that there is nothing I can say to him without sounding like a hypocrite.

I'd appreciate some of your thought / input.

Anna, if you don't mind my asking, what is your story? You don't have to tell me...I guess I could go to your profile and look! (if you have it posted!) Thank you so much for reading. I tend to type a lot...

<3 - Nat