Thread: New Member!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Knat84

New Member!

Hello to all.

My name is Natalie. I go by Nat. I am new to this site and I must say that I joined because I stumbled upon it many times reading others posts / sage advice and so on. I thought to myself, "Why not join already? These people are cool."

I have been sober since August 23, 2011. (The day / year I found out I was pregnant with my lovely daughter, Madeline.) I decided after I had her that I never wanted to have another drink again. I swore that I would NEVER be that Mom nor the terrible person that I think I 'had' become. I was a heavy after 5 drinker from age 19-26. (I'm talking bottle of wine, shots, chased down with a few + beers. ...let's just say that I am keeping close tabs on my liver / kidneys these days.)

I figured that I needed to start having some support. I began recovery on my own, however, I threw a birthday party for my husband (first week of January), and let's just say it got a little out of hand. (Thank God I sent my daughter off with grandparents.) I DID NOT drink, however, everyone around me was drinking, cutting up, having a blast, and I felt like I was going to freaking explode. I even got a tension headache from the nightlong "test of endurance" (as I call it). I was ready to explode.

Long story short...

I have come to the conclusion that I need support. For this was my first time being put in a "party hardy" situation and I nearly came unglued. I wanted to drink...and it scared the he** out of me. But, I didn't. I didn't... *whew*

Thank you for reading this long introduction of mine. Please, tell me about yourselves! I am a great listener / reader (i guess) and if I can help any of you in any way, let me know. I'm sure I will be seeking some advice!

Lots of love,
Nat[/FONT]