Old 02-21-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
atalose

You said he's sleeping in his truck at rest stops, do you really think he's going to utilize the internet to look up links you provided to him regarding something he denies.

When we provide them with books, resources, meeting times/days, rehab phone #'s, therapists we are still trying to control something we are not fully accepting we have no control over.

From experience let me share something with you. My ex had a pain pill addiction, he went to rehab, meetings, counseling, sponsor etc and became clean and sober. Life than became great for us.

Slowly he developed a habit of using benzos. Me in my wise and ever loving Codie behavior began to express my knowledge of his (new) addiction. Looked up all kinds of information about benzos and replacing one substance with another. As its said, if you have to say it more then once your nagging and he certainly let me know that he was tired of my nagging.

Ever time he made an appointment with a new doctor, scammed them for a prescription and then drove to the pharmacy.......he knew he had a problem, YET kept choosing that path. No books, Internet links were going to make a difference.

Every time your husband drove himself to Walgreens and purchased 400 pills daily of over the counter medication, he knew he had a problem.....it's not normal behavior.

What I'm trying to get at is, just because WE have discovered it, WE have learned about it and schooled ourselves about THEIR addictions doesn't change a dam thing for them. They knew long before we did that it was a problem.

Focus on the custody issues you are facing and what is acceptable to you regarding that and leave HIS addiction issues, treatment up to him, you've said what you felt you needed to say, you don't need to say it any more. The restraining order states, communication is allowed to discuss child visitation issues, period.