View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lizatola

Katchie, I've been following your story here since you joined. I don't have any words of true wisdom since I'm still living with my AH but I can tell you that I've learned that words mean nothing. I've heard it all and then heard him lie about ever saying those things ever before. Then, he'd accuse me of lying about what he said and we'd be back on the crazy train over and over again.

With that said, please watch the actions and take care of you and your own actions. Try not to get hooked into his words. One of my friends in Al Anon with 20 years of program behind her told me once that my AH likes to go fishing: fishing for sympathy, fishing for an easy fix to his problems, fishing for someone else to blame, fishing for the comfort zone that I provide so well for him. You get the picture. He did it all with his words but now I look at his actions and sure enough after a month or so of good behavior, he's back at the bad actions. It never takes him long to slip and since he's not working a real recovery program, the slip(emotional, spiritual, going back to drinking, whatever) becomes the norm.

So, whatever you do: take care of YOU!!!! HUGS!