View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
I view his actions, as a means to regain control. The simple fact that you are not engaging every step of the way, currently has him scrambling, personally, I do not believe he has an effin CLUE.
I tend to agree. He's King-Baby-ing all over the place trying to figure out which way is up because things have changed. The addiction is out of the closet, you are getting independent & asking questions & he is losing control. He probably doesn't even realize he feels that way, yet. He's just scrambling right now.

Here's the thing to remember Katchie - you don't know what he is capable of at this point because NEITHER DOES HE. He cannot guess what his next move will be, this is all new territory to him & none of his go-to methods of handling things are working any longer. I'll bet almost every recovering A will tell you that they would never have believed themselves capable of some of the things that they've done during desperate moments while drinking or dry-drunking (for lack of a better term).

That's why so many of us are trying to get you to think a step ahead of where you are and being proactive rather than reactive with things like the money, etc.

I'm really happy for you that you are woke up feeling so strong today! You are doing great!