View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katchie

Guess who's coming home

So...I was at the therapists office when AH calls. I didn't answer. I waited until my session was over, went to the bathroom, got to my car..piddled..then called him back. I was not going to and did not ask him to come back home though I could tell he was fishing for me to do that. His quackery was that he feels no one wants him around so that's why he left. My response was that he's right..If he is drunk and home we don't want him around. Sober working his program husband and dad we do want around. I told him these feelings the family has we've had for years, he's just now sober enough for see clearly the damage to the family from alcohol and he is showing up late to the party. News flash, we don't like alcoholism, how are we suppose to feel about it??? And with his cowardly text, how are we even sure he didn't leave just so he could drink in private?? Whatever he says isn't believable at this moment and I told him that. So, he asked if he could come home. I told him I never threw him out and to do what is best for his recovery, that I would be fine one way or another. He was silent. Then he decided it was best for his recovery if he were home with his family. I told him that's fine, but there will not be the status quo. He HAS to work his program, get a sponsor, and stay clean. No drunks allowed at practice, driving, or at home -- no drunk.
I realize that him staying sober w/o a relapse is probably zero chance. If and when that happens, then we will separate. Maybe he isn't going to like this new me. I didn't cry. I didn't feel much during that conversation really. Not sure if thats good or bad. I could, however, hear his anguish. It was sad, or pitiful. Well, we'll give it a whirl.