Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CodeJob

17 days. Way to go and with some clarity too. This agreement on who does what chores in a household can be reworked. This can be a testy issue even for normies, so tread with a bit of care. You might want to open with, "Hon, I am happy to make the lunches in the morning for both of us, but I was thinking you could make some crockpot meals once or twice a week, marinate some meat for the grill or would you be open to to handling the weekend meals?"

There could be chores she is doing that you do not even notice. For example, my H helps with the laundry, but he does not swap out the towels and wash those. But he has seen me collecting all the towels to wash and told me, "I just did laundry." Instead of fighting I just pointed out to him laundry is the hamper. When I do laundry, I swap out all the towels too so they are fresh. I don't put a damp towel in the hamper. He had no idea I swap our towels 2-3 times a week. So he was walking around with an attitude that he does ALL the laundry and I was walking around with an attitude that at least on weeks that I was busy, I was still helping with laundry.

You might want to ask her what is important to her. She may be cleaning things that aren't important to you and you don't even notice. Or you may be doing everything...

Good luck.