Old 02-20-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ConfessionBear

Interesting Development (aka, "Damn Sobriety!")

Hey all!
Still doing well. In fact, maybe a little too well.
To those who don't know my story, here it is in brief.

I drank a lot. For a good 5 years or so. I'm 38. (yuck!) I was drinking at least 20 shots of vodka a day. No problem either. I didn't like where it was headed. I came here. I saw support (), and I decided to stop that vodka habit. Well it's been... I think 17 days I guess? It's not been a problem.

Anyway, a new development. Drinking would do a good job of separating me from reality. mostly just an ability to accept things the way they are. Giving a sort of "meh" attitude.

Well, now I see everything pretty clearly. And some of this stuff I'm not liking. Like... I could ignore some issue with work before. Now, it's getting on my nerves!

My biggest issue, though... I liked my relationship before. Now, I sometimes feel like I'm being taken advantage of. She's not doing it consciously. It's just starting to feel like the work I do, the grocery shopping, cooking dinner, washing dishes... It's just being taken for granted.

And now that my brain's all up front, BAM. I'm thinking of it rather than losing myself in a spinny buzz.

I just want o say "Yeah, you're tired after getting home from work at 6:30 and I got home at 4:00. but it's because I got up at 5:20, made our lunches, clocked in at work at 6:30, worked close to 10 hours and got home at 4 in time to prepare dinner and have it ready and you got up maybe by 7:30 and got to work by 9:30, maybe, took an hour lunch, and came home." WTF? Why is that going unnoticed! And it's been my routine for over a year. But now? Now I notice.

This was an outlet post. Don't hate me!

Damn sobriety!