Thread: Overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Overwhelmed

Hi all! Lately I have been having these awful feelings of dread and just being overwhelmed in general. I have been making time for exercise and stretching. I am currently battling some torn tendons in my elbow (basically bursitis) and it's keeping me off court and out of yoga class. I have been hiking, though, and doing whatever endorphin release I can that fits my schedule, LOL.

Homeschooling my learning disabled teen is really pressing in on me and wearing me out during the day. He's working on a long creative writing assignment, his first literary analysis, for a writing class from his homeschool co-op and I'm about to jump off a bridge because of my frustration with him.

He's a great kid, he just can't string his thoughts together well and struggles with time management and executive function skills. There are days when I'm more patient than others and today is NOT one of them. He was sick yesterday, throwing up all morning, so we've lost yesterday and we're trying to catch up today.

My AH is home this week, no travel for him. He has worked from home for the past 15 years so basically we don't get a healthy break from each other until one of us travels. My house is a mess, the dust is an inch thick, and I'm recovering from having family in town for 10 days, too.

I wanted to make homemade chicken pot pie tonight because I have chicken I need to use up, but I really just want to take a nap. Which is funny, because I never take naps and probably couldn't fall asleep even if I tried, LOL. I just say that because I feel I need to escape. I went to a meeting last night and I went to 2 meetings late last week, too, just trying to center myself back in my recovery work and trying to get back on track with my mental health, etc.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. Anyone else care to commiserate?