View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
ya know.....in a healthy relationship sex does not CHANGE a thing. it is not used as a weapon or a means of gaining control over the other, or to prove anything. any more than a caress, butt pat or hug is a TOOL.

always be suspect of sudden changes in behavior...sudden affection that is not the norm...sudden thoughtfulness. inconsistencies....people over time SHOW us who they are....
In my currently somewhat dysfunctional marriage, sex doesn't change a thing. It's closeness that we both need; rare moments of letting down our guard and having a bit of what was good back again. It's not a tool or a weapon. It just is. Sometimes it brings some time of being a little more kind towards each other, sometimes it doesn't. We've been married a long time and I don't read anything more into it. We're both working through a lot on our own right now. Working on things together can come later.

Stung, thanks. I'm kind of a prude too. Sometimes though, it's just "I love you and understand you need me right now", in the non-manipulative way.