Thread: Can he do it
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Lacy,

I am glad you are heading for a meeting. Did you use the 12 steps to get sober or did you just quit.

It sounds like you need to establish some limits in your home. My son just moved in after a 90 day program and believe me there is no way I would fight with him. If he chooses to fight with me he will not be staying here. It is after all my home.

My son had plans to go out one evening and I told him to be in by 11 because I would be waiting up. He is 28 but tuff...he is accountable to me right now...them's the rules...if he can follow them in rehab he can follow them here.

My allowing him to stay here is a gift...especially at his age...and he better treat it as such. I am not Hitler...I love him and he knows it...he also knows me and these things have not even had to said!

Go to your meeting...set some limits. If he does not want to live by them that is his choice. He is free to move on.

Oh and Ann would say...those limits are not to control him...they are to protect YOU! Early curfews..so you can sleep. If he lies or uses... he's out. I don't sweat the need to know what he is up too...I will find out soon enough if he is up to no good. Really...don't we always??

Hugs...stick around!!
JT