View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Brindie

Melly - I wrote a letter too and left it on the kitchen table. I didn't get the chance to hand it to him as he was passed out on the couch, and we actually walked out right under his nose. In the letter all I said was fact - I'm leaving, why, what I'd taken, please not to try to contact me and I would be in touch within a few weeks. No promises, no conditions, nothing. I didn't plan on a reconciliation and I wasn't in a frame of mind to offer any possibility of anything beyond putting a safe distance between us (but then he a pretty bad temper). All I wanted was some space and peace and quiet to sort myself out. The last thing I needed was an ongoing conversation at a distance about 'us'. So I guess my advice is if you want to hand him the letter in person with a set of boundaries and conditions around the future of your relationship, that's your call. I guess too that this continues some kind of conversation beyond your leaving. I wonder how stressful that will be for you while you work on yourself? My own take was - your are now your OWN responsibility DH and I want no more craziness! But only you will know what feels right -and most of all - safe for you. You go girl