Old 02-16-2005, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pushingmeaway

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, it did help, mostly because it helps me to understand better when other people have dealt with the same person that I have for so long. For so many years I never understood exactly what his problem was, and I think that is why I held on so long. It's kind of funny that you say he said he was basically a sociopath, yet he broke down during drinking binges. Same thing happened to me-time after time. He would tell me how he has no feelings and either doesn't care about anything, or doens't care about anyone but himself. Then there were times-either during extreme drunkeness or depression, where he would be so torn up about the way he treats people and how he has messed everything up. And I know you're completely right about it not mattering-whatever the case may be, he's doing it and I don't have to sit here and take it. I've read a lot about sociopathics, and like most things, theres a degree of controversy on certain aspects of the disorder-maybe the emotions part. I like to believe that the sociopath pushes down all their feelings and even convinces themselves they're not there, just because he can't deal with them. I simply cannot believe that these people are "soul-less", but I guess who really knows. Anyways, I'm leaving for Australia in 2 days, which I know will be good for me. I tried to say goodbye one more time today (I have finally been able to detach and feel comfortable trying without worrying about getting hurt because I know what to expect now) but it was to no avail. I know he is jealous that I'm leaving, and he is going to jail. I finally am able to let of the grudge I've been holding onto for so long, and just hope he can fix himself up, even though I really doubt it. Anyways, thanks for your input, good luck with everything in your life!