View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
NoJimmy

Originally Posted by karate View Post
As crazy as this sounds , drinking is not disrupting my life like it did before .

I'm actually more concerned with the health effects and cost now .

Drinking would move to a point of life disruption , if left unchecked though

So it's time to check it -again

You appear to still be still negotiating, I didn't find success until I stopped negotiating. I weaved in and out of "controlling" my drinking for years, as long as I fought tooth and nail to keep it "in check" I didn't lose control, sooner or later I always did though. Not sure what losing control means to you, but for me one bad night could result in my losing everything I care about. That's a hell of a thing to gamble over the little bit of pleasure alcohol afforded me, which after darn near 4 months without it I realize was nothing more than a place to hide for a few hours. I'm not all better now, but I'm getting better at facing what made me need to escape before.
I'm glad you're still here, you strike me as a guy with enough tenacity to get it done. And I'm sure you will.

P.S. I've mentioned it before, but training is SO much better after a good stretch of sobriety. It's made a huge difference to my focus, energy and endurance.