Thread: Awake
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
readerbaby71

Originally Posted by Shanie View Post
I just registered tonight. I am glad to be apart of the family.
My boyfriend has not came in 2 days. I have a lot of thoughts of worry going through my head. He refuses to pay his cell phone bill, so his phone is off. I found out last Tuesday that we are expecting. Does news like this send them over the edge? I'm scared he will not come back.
There have been many times that he does the disappearing act. This time I'm not exactly sure how to deal with it appropriately. Im not sure of what to say to him when he finally walks through the door. There is a part of me that does not want to say anything at all. In In the past I have tried to discuss how I feel, which always leads to arguments. Ive tried to understand his feelings. I don't understand his selfishness. I think welcoming him home with a hug this time might be better... if and when.
I hope tonight he is safe.
Hi Shanie. I am so sorry you're going through this. I've been there and I know how it feels. Take a look at the friends and family board on SR. You'll find a lot of support and good information here. Take care of yourself and your baby. Your BF is not going to stop for anyone but himself.

Sending big hugs to you.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information