View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ofelie

The pit in your stomach probably won't ever go away, mine hasn't. I keep hearing people say it gets easier, but it hasn't yet. You just sort of get used to it I think. You did the right thing though. You had no other choice, you had to protect your other kids, and the mother of your other kids, you. What kind of man..especially a 6"5" man bites a 10 year old girl (if I misunderstood that part I apologize, but he doesn't need to be biting anyone)? Not a healthy stable one, and therefore not one you want around your other children. You absolutely did the right thing and I agree with dandylion... if he is resourceful enough to get booze he can manage to figure out a place to stay. He has to hit rock bottom...and its time to let him hit rock bottom. Its awful and hard and you might hate yourself a little bit for having to let him crash into that wall, but I don't think you have any other choice. Don't feel guilty though and don't hate yourself. You took the hard path with this tough love and that in fact shows just how much you love him.