View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stung

Real or Not Real

Has anyone read the final Hunger Games book? At the end Peeta keeps asking Katnis if his memories are real or whether they were fabricated during his captivity.

I feel like doing the Drunk or Not Drunk version with my husband as it pertains to the really bad times we've had this past year to two years. Did these things always happen as a result of drinking or were some of those moments had with a sober man who was just terrorizing me. I think I can forgive the bad if it was a result of an altered state of mind, I don't know that I can forgive him if some of that was from a sober man.

Drunk or not drunk: Calling me from your car saying you we're going to speed off the bridge because you want to die.

Drunk or not drunk: telling me you hate me after the last time I had sex with you, while I was 7 months pregnant.

Drunk or not drunk: screaming at me in front of my mom a week after our second daughter was born because I made you feel like you couldn't do anything right.

Drunk or not drunk: telling me it was "no big deal" when I fell and scraped up my side when I was 5 months pregnant.

I assume that those things and a hundred other bad or worse situations that occurred happened while he was inebriated but I don't know if he was or not. I can't forgive him if he did those things sober. I also can't tell if it matters. Sometimes I feel like I'm past the bad that happened and I can and want to forgive him and other times like now, it feels surreal that those are MY memories. That crap actually happened to me and I allowed it.